1) How much do we feed our puppies? Our puppies are on full feed until they leave our kennel, Once they come to live with you I recommend 1/2 cup morning and 1/2 cup around 5 pm. I don't recommend a noon feeding keep increasing as they grow. Around 9-12 months only feeding once per day. Food I feed Purina Pro Plan Puppy or Royal Canine large breed puppy. www.chewy.com auto ship.
Loose stools if your puppy gets loose stools add some cottage cheese or plain
yogurt to his/her food. That's your good probiotics.
Sometimes water change can cause loose stools.
Can food (Do Not Feed Your Puppy Can Food) They don't need it and will cause loose stools.
Once you get home your puppy may not want to eat don't panic it's normal for puppies to stop eating for a few days while adjusting to their new surroundings.
Treats for good behavior only don't give to many because then they wont want to eat there food.
2) How much water do I give my puppy? Well I always tell my customers that we don't recommend water to be left down at all times, and the reason why is they will drink it because it's there, And it will make potty training pretty hard. Only offer water with food and activity for the best results for potty training. Once your puppy is fully trained then it's ok to let them drink and eat as through out the day.
Always use the same door and the same word when taking your puppy out to go potty and same area to potty in. While training your puppy to go potty leave the poop down don't clean it up they will go out and smell it and know that's where we go potty.
3) When do I take my puppy out to go potty? Well every puppy is different but rule of thumb is, After eating and drinking and playing in the house (EXCITEMENT) will cause a puppy to need to go potty. At first every 2 hours and take water away by 8 pm. don't recommend taking him or her out to go potty through the night thats starting bad habits and you need your sleep just as much as the puppy does. And you puppy needs REST if your kids don't allow the puppy to get the rest he/she needs you will have a sick puppy. Put the puppy in the crate and tell the kids NO puppy needs rest.
4) Baths I don't recommend baths but once a month unless they make a mess in the crate or get muddy outside. Hunting breeds really need the oils in there coat to keep from getting dry skin.( Doodles) groom every 4 to 6 weeks bath can be done at that time.
5) Jumping and biting, These are retrievers this is what they do, It's cute the first few times but then it turns into a big problem quickly and it's not cute no more. I recommend to roll up a news paper or the end of a paper towel roll and smack them tell them no jump no bite 14 days of doing that problem is solved.
6) Your puppy will need to go to the vet for a wellness check up only 48-72 hours next set of shots will be done @ 11 weeks DAPPV only failure to comply can result in voiding your guarantee.
Paperwork sent to Teresa Rockhold 26826 582nd Street Exline Iowa 52555 or emailed to email@example.com
7) How to transfer microchip www.petkey.org easy to do
8) What do I do if I have questions? Call me 641-895-4345 or text
9) What do I do if I cant handle this puppy? Can I bring the puppy back? Yes I will always take my puppies back always I will come and get him/her.
10) What age do I spay and Neuter? 18-24 months doing it before will result in voiding your guarantee reduces the chance of cancer studies show that Goldens are at high risk and by holding off spaying and neutering reduces the risks so please do your own research before doing something you might regret later.
11) Can I breed my dog? I have a strict contract with my puppies and NO breeding unless you paid for breeding rights and I don't offer breeding rights to just anyone.
12) When do I get my AKC Papers? Once your dog has been fixed send proof and I will send papers out. Please allow 6-12 weeks You will need to send me all information who the parents are and dob. If your getting full bred rights this does not pertain to you.
13) Crate training you have a good 14 days don't give in stay strong and it will calm down. Puppies want to be with you but for the safety of the puppy and your home please crate train.
14) If this is 2nd dog coming into your home? How do I introduce new puppy to older dog? Or alfa dog in your home already. I recommend if you have a garage do it there and once they are interduces take them into the house letting the alfa dog show the puppy I'm the boss this is my home and it's ok if the older dog snaps (don't freak out ) This will calm down in a day or two. It's normal dog behavior.
15) How long of walks can my puppy go on? We must take our time and build the puppy up for long walks or jogging.
2-4 months 30 min walks
4-6 months 45 min to a hour
6-9 1 hour
at age of 2 we can start jogging building them up to a few miles at this time hips are fully developed and can handle it.
16) Nu-Vet www.nuvet.com/87224 this product I highly recommend if you choose it for your puppy, I offer a 2 year and immunity is important.
17) Hunting your puppy please take your time building your puppy up and getting him/her ready for your trainer. Who do I recommend Gold Star Retrievers he does all my work. Please ask me for all of his information.
Your puppy has been on Nu-Vet for a few weeks now and I strongly recommend this product for the life stages of your puppy for health and wellness.
Bone and joint development